What is our Why now?
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in drastic changes to the education plans for millions of students all over the world. As Fairfax County continues to refine and implement plans for online, hybrid, and in-person education, we are advocating for evidence-based policies and practices in support of the following in order to meet the needs of the diverse populations of FCPS students, teachers, staff, and their families, including:
- Physical health and safety
- Emotional and psychological health and safety
- Online and digital privacy and safety
- Trauma-informed pedagogical approaches
- Equity and cultural responsiveness